The total cost of the Project is close to €26m. Construction commenced
in September 2003 and completion date is scheduled for mid 2005. The
Development Project includes expansion and upgrade of both clinical and
non-clinical facilities including
- Introduction of an additional Operating Theatre.
- Relocation and expansion of Endoscopy facilities
including dedicated patient accommodation.
- Provision of a High Dependency Unit and Isolation
- Provision of additional Inpatient Beds.
- Upgrade and expansion of Cardiology, Diagnostic
Imaging and Pulmonary Function Departments.
- Provision of additional Patient Assessment and
Treatment Rooms (multi-purpose).
- Introduction of a Uro-Dynamics Laboratory.
- Relocation, upgrade and expansion of the Hospital
- Provision of new Sterile Supply Unit.
- Construction of a new Hospital Chapel.
- Upgrade of Staff Facilities including Training
and Education Centre, Resident Staff Accommodation,
Changing Rooms, Office Accommodation etc.