Bon Secour International Health System The Sisters of Bon Secour
Home  |  Contact Us   |  Links  |  Sitemap  |  Search   

 

Bon Secours Hospital, Galway

Bon Secours Hospital Galway is a 90 bed acute care facility, providing a wide range of surgical and medical services. The hospital was founded in 1954 as Calvary Hospital, subsequently traded as Galvia Private Hospital and became part of the Bon Secours Group in 1999. Currently, the hospital admits 12,000 patients per annum, comprising 4,000 in-patients and 8,000 daycases.

The hospital has just completed the building of a significant expansion, which comprises a new Theatre Block, Patient Accommodation Unit, High Dependency Unit and Radiology Department. The development which involves an investment of €30m also includes a Consultant Clinic on site. The clinic building will be ready for occupation by Easter 2006. The expansion will modernise and double the surgical capacity of the hospital and will provide 30 extra beds overall.

All main surgical and medical specialties (with the exception of cardiac surgery and neurosurgery) are represented at the hospital and Consultants with Admitting Privileges include Consultants with appointments at University College Hospital, Galway and Merlin Park Hospital, Galway, alongside Consultants in full-time Private Practice.





The hospital commenced the construction of a major expansion in April 2004 (more)

Site development: One Productions
© Bon Secours 2004